Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chap. 02. Defects in Crystals.

   Horrible chapter as per me. Yeah, you read it well, Its horrible I say. I have read the syllabus @ study material provided. It speaks of all types of defects including point defects, line defects, surface defects and volume defects. Also speaks of lot of other stuff like further classifications in the defects and such.

    I am of opinion that one should first read the internals of crystal and crystal structures, bravias crystals, Atomic Packing Factor, Space lattice stuff and such. APF is important and seems to have appeared in the exams a lot of times. I think the book Material Science by RS Khurmi & RS Sedha is really cool for this purpose. But geez its such a pain to study the same. Hard stuff regarding Simple lattice, Body Centered Lattice , FCC, .. volumes, Avagordo's numbers volumes and masses of atoms and all such stuff.


     Added to that I still couldn't start the actual topic of defects still.Should see but its absorbing to study the same. I will keep you posted about my developments. 

Don't forget to grab a copy of Material Science and Engineering book, which is essential for preparing for AMIE, Material Science.

with warm regards
allmyposts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...